The M42 Command Truck is a member of the M-37 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 Truck Family (G-741). Its full nomenclature is Truck, Command, 3/4 ton 4x4, M-42. The Dodge M37 3/4-ton 4x4 truck (G741) was Dodge's follow-up to their successful WC Series from WWII. Introduced in 1951 it was used extensively by the United States armed forces during the Korean War. The Command Truck M42 is only slightly different from the base model M37 cargo truck. They are not manufactured as a separate model; rather the M42 Command Truck is created by modifying an M37 with the installation of a conversion kit. The M42 conversion kit consists of replacing the standard M37 canvas with these M42 components: Body side curtains with windows; split rear end curtains; map light; folding table; the regular canvas tarp was rolled up on the sides, secured with leather straps, to expose the side curtains; the window panels were made of a non-reflecting plastic material; sources differ on the provision of an entry step ladder for the M42 Command Truck. When the M42 kit is installed, an M42 data plate is added to the M37 dash. Trucks configured as the M42 Command Truck were also converted back to the M37 configuration. According to TM 9-8031-2 Change 3 dated 29 January 1968, all references to the M42 Command Truck in the manual were deleted.
- Handcrafted of iron with a scale of 1:14. This Dodge M42 model comes with fine details such as wheels, hood, headlights, fenders and split rear end curtains.
- A must have for the collector and enthusiast!
- 100% Iron frame
- Metal wheels
- Wheels roll
- Decaled insignia
- Includes seats, steering wheel, stick shift and small details on dash
- Exterior details such as chain, axe and shovel are securely welded on
- Rear top cover is made of fabric material for more authentic look
- Drive back in time with this iconic 1950’s M42 Command Truck from the World War II era
- Distressed: Yes
17 Stories Vintage Dodge M42 Command Iron Framed Model Truck STSS1759